Most commonly known as dark circles, tear troughs are the dark, deep under-eye hallows that sit beneath the lower eyelid and the upper cheek. As we grow older the appearance of tear troughs is exaggerated. Bones in the facial area shrink and cheek pads slump. This causes dark circles to become increasingly noticeable, giving the impression that you are always tired.
At our Bristol and Cardiff Clinics we offer tear trough dermal filler treatment in order to improve concerns with eye bags, sunken and tired looking eyes. All treatments are performed by our experienced and highly trainer clinician in our Bristol or Cardiff clinic.
The treatment works on the depressions that run from the nose and around the under-eye area which becomes more noticeable as the skin sags and becomes thinner with age. While the surgical removal of eye bags gets rid of the fatty tissue, it doesn’t conceal the dark circles. The tear trough dermal filler treatment will not only improve the depression under the eye, it will also help to thicken the skin reducing the visible dark blood vessel colour. The treatment therefore lightens dark circles or panda eyes as well as smoothing the depression (tear trough).
WHAT DOES THE TEAR TROUGH TREATMENT TREAT?
- Tear trough
- Eye bags
- Dark circles
- Sunken eyes
- Tired looking eyes
WHAT CAN WE TREAT WITH DERMAL FILLER TREATMENT?
Nasolabial lines (nose to mouth)
Marinette lines (below the mouth)
The TREATMENT PROCESS
POST TREATMENTRead more
BOOK A COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATION
DERMAL FILLER TREATMENTS
Award winning premium filler, Teosyal® range
- Nasolabial folds
- Marionette lines
- Cheek enhancement
- Tear troughs
- Non-surgical nose job
- Chin/jaw enhancement
- 1 ml
- 2 ml
*additional syringes £199
- Teosyal® (Premium Filler)
- 0.5 ml
- 1 ml
Our dermal filler treatments are available in Bristol and Cardiff.
DERMAL FILLER TREATMENT CAN ALSO BE USED FOR:
OUR TREATMENT RESULTS
Benefits of having this treatment with us:
- We are Fully Qualified medical practitioners. Therefore, all practitioners undertaking treatments come from a medical background and have a university degree in pharmacy or medicine.
- Our team has years of experience in aesthetic treatments. We ensure all treatments are carried out to the highest standards, to achieve optimum results.
- We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
- We have very high patient satisfaction. Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas treated. We also have many that recommend friends and family to our clinics.
- We are committed to evidence-based practice and use premium products. We use FDA and CE approved products for the treatments.
- We are registered with Save Face. This government approved register is the highest level of recognition available for professionals working within aesthetic cosmetic medicine within the UK.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You’ll have the opportunity to ask your medical practitioner any questions as part of your consultation, but to start the ball rolling here are the answers to some that our patients most frequently asked questions.
Dermal filler is a gel made from hyaluronic acid – a naturally occurring sugar that we all have. To resolve nuisance wrinkles, it’s injected beneath the surface to plump up surrounding tissue.
No, there’s actually little or no pain reported by most patients. We apply a local anaesthetic in the form of a numbing cream around the eye area prior to the treatment to make it comfortable for you.
The technique is ideal for anybody who is struggling with dark shadows, hollows or ‘bags’ beneath the eyes.
They may find that they look tired all the time, even when well-rested.
The most common dermal filler used for the facial area is Hyaluronic acid and Teosyal Puresense Redensity II is the hyaluronic acid filler made specifically to treat around the eye area.
Teosyal Puresense Redensity II is Hyaluronic acid filler designed to treat the eye area including tear troughs. It is noted as having a light gel with mechnical properties which means it needs little pressure to enter into the skin tissues, which has been adapted for the delicate eye circle area to minimise the risk of bruising. Also it is slightly hygroscopic (i.e. it attracts very little water unlike other HA gels) which results in minimal or no swelling after injecting.
Yes, if required the filler can be dissolved with another injection. This very rarely happens, but it good to know for those cautious about having treatment.