The chin is formed by the mentalis muscle and the jawbone. This can be hyperactive or can be a little too large which many don’t like and find undesirable. Sometimes the muscle in this area can move involuntarily, this causes dimples or a pebbled like appearance to the skin on the chin. One small anti-wrinkle injection into each side of the chin can stop this from happening and improve the appearance.
The TREATMENT PROCESS
POST TREATMENTRead more
BOOK A COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATION
ADVANCED ANTI-WRINKLE TREATMENTS
- Bunny Smile
- Gummy Smile
- Eyebrow Lift
- Smoker Lines
- Facial Slimming
- Neck Lift
- Hyperhidrosis (prevents sweating)
Our consultations for lines and wrinkles are available in Bristol, Cardiff and Coventry.
WRINKLE-RELAXING TREATMENTS CAN ALSO BE USED FOR:
Benefits of having this treatment with us:
- We are Fully Qualified medical practitioners. Therefore, all practitioners undertaking treatments come from a medical background and have a university degree in pharmacy or medicine.
- Our team has years of experience in aesthetic treatments. We ensure all treatments are carried out to the highest standards, to achieve optimum results.
- We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
- We have very high patient satisfaction. Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas treated. We also have many that recommend friends and family to our clinics.
- We are committed to evidence-based practice and use premium products. We use FDA and CE approved products for the treatments.
- We are registered with Save Face. This government approved register is the highest level of recognition available for professionals working within aesthetic cosmetic medicine within the UK.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You’ll have the opportunity to ask your medical practitioner any questions as part of your consultation, but to start the ball rolling here are the answers to some that our patients most frequently asked questions.
Botulinum toxin is a naturally occurring protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium Botulinum. The toxin blocks the transition of chemical messages sent from the nerve to cause the muscle to contract. Without these messages, the muscle stays in a resting state until the ‘messengers’ recover. This recovery takes approximately 8 to 12 weeks on average.
All botulinum toxins are prescription only medicines (POM) and can only be prescribed by doctors, dentists, prescribing nurses and pharmacists with a prescribing qualification, following a face to face assessment and consultation with the qualified prescriber.
After treatment it is expected that you will start to see an improvement within 2 or 3 days. The full result may be judged at 2 weeks. You may be invited to attend a review appointment after 2 weeks where the success of the treatment may be assessed and adjustments to your personal treatment plan made, if necessary.
You will be advised to keep the target muscles active for a few hours and to avoid extremes of heat or cold, vigorous exercise, lying down or leaning over for 4-6 hours.
It may not ‘completely freeze’ the expression, particularly if extreme effort is exerted to make an expression. Botulinum toxin is not suitable for lines present without expression (static lines), your medical clinician will advise you.
There may be only a partial reduction in movement this very much depends on the amount administered and location of product placement – This is not a one size fits all treatment and may be tailored to suit your individual requirements and expected treatment outcomes – discuss this with your clinician at the time of consultation.
Only you and your medical clinician can decide if the treatment is right for you and your concerns. During your medical consultation, our expert medical practitioners will assess your medical history and make sure you are suitable for the treatment.
Ensure to tell the medical clinician about all of your medical conditions, including:
- A disease that effects your muscles and nerves such as Myastenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome
- Allergies to any Botulinum toxin products
- Medication that you are currently taking
- Whether you have had any facial surgery or plan to have surgery
- If you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant or breast feeding
All treatments carry a degree of risk. All risks and complications will be discussed with you at consultation and prior to any treatment being agreed. Injection related side effects are minimal and temporary such as redness, swelling and bruising. Spreading of the Botulinum toxin to the muscles nearby can be easily prevented by avoiding rubbing or massaging the treated areas for 4 hours. Adverse events are uncommon, usually occur within a few days of treatment and are expected to be temporary, usually resolving spontaneously within weeks. Your medical practitioner will provide aftercare advice designed to minimise risk and promote speedy recovery from any expected side effects.
On average 2-4 months. In order to achieve the best prevention of aging lines, it is recommended to have the treatment regularly every 3 months
A very fine needle is used and generally this treatment is not painful and can be well tolerated with no anaesthetic. Ice may be helpful in numbing the skin for nervous patients as well as reducing the risk of a bruise.
The relaxant effect of the Botulinum toxin will wear off over time and you can effectively continue or discontinue at any time that suits you. However, regular treatments will prevent those deeper, more permanent lines that appear with age. There are no long-term side effects of Botulinum toxin injection reported until now.