NON-SURGICAL JOWLS AND JAWLINE TIGHTENING
You may have noticed your jaw line has lost its definition and shape. Your jawline may no longer be as shapely or tight with a loss of that youthful triangular shape. Furthermore, you might have lost volume in the chin area and under the jawline leading to skin hanging down in the form of jowls. This part of the ageing process can often be accompanied by lost volume in the cheeks and under the eyes.
Through cleverly placed injections, these problems can often be helped by our aesthetic medical professionals.
INJECTABLES AND DERMAL FILLERS FOR JOWLS AND JAWLINE TIGHTENING AND RE-SHAPING
Injections at key points around the jawline help to relax key muscles (specifically a thin muscle called the Platysma muscle). The effect is that muscles on the upper part of the face become stronger and this causes an effect over a 7-14 day period of lifting and tightening the jawline.
With gravity and ageing, the skin can start to sag and droop around the jawline leading to jowls. The appearance of jowls however can often be significantly reduced by injecting hyaluronic acid (a naturally occurring sugar in the body) in the form of a dermal filler. This sculpts the jawline and adds definition, creating a slimmer appearance.
This replaces the volume which has been lost over time and so, in combination with injections, re-shapes the jawline line to restore a more youthful look.
WHAT CAN WE TREAT WITH DERMAL FILLER TREATMENT?
Nasolabial lines (nose to mouth)
Marinette lines (below the mouth)
The TREATMENT PROCESS
POST TREATMENTRead more
BOOK A COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATION
DERMAL FILLER TREATMENTS
Award winning premium filler, Teosyal® range
- Nasolabial folds
- Marionette lines
- Cheek enhancement
- Tear troughs
- Non-surgical nose job
- Chin/jaw enhancement
- 1 ml
- 2 ml
*additional syringes £199
- Teosyal® (Premium Filler)
- 0.5 ml
- 1 ml
Our dermal filler treatments are available in Bristol and Cardiff.
DERMAL FILLER TREATMENT CAN ALSO BE USED FOR:
Benefits of having this treatment with us:
- We are Fully Qualified medical practitioners. Therefore, all practitioners undertaking treatments come from a medical background and have a university degree in pharmacy or medicine.
- Our team has years of experience in aesthetic treatments. We ensure all treatments are carried out to the highest standards, to achieve optimum results.
- We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
- We have very high patient satisfaction. Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas treated. We also have many that recommend friends and family to our clinics.
- We are committed to evidence-based practice and use premium products. We use FDA and CE approved products for the treatments.
- We are registered with Save Face. This government approved register is the highest level of recognition available for professionals working within aesthetic cosmetic medicine within the UK.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You’ll have the opportunity to ask your medical practitioner any questions as part of your consultation, but to start the ball rolling here are the answers to some that our patients most frequently asked questions.
The ageing process means we lose elasticity in our skin so jawline droops and sags. In addition, we lose volume through our fat pads starting to break down. Over time then the skin empties just like a balloon deflating. In combination with gravity, this then leads to the skin hanging down giving that jowling look. Using a dermal filler to replace volume then is a little like putting air back into the balloon pumping it back up.
As with many procedures this all depends on the extent of correction required.
To replace improve the contouring of your jawline using dermal fillers, we would typically expect that your procedure will be safely and successfully completed in 45 – 60 minutes.
The area around your jawline tend to be less sensitive than some other parts of the face.
We use dermal fillers that contain built-in anaesthetic and we also apply a numbing cream to make your treatment as comfortable as possible. Most customers report little or no discomfort at all
The SkinViva aesthetic medical professionals can offer you a range of the all the market-leading dermal fillers for if you have a preference however our recommended product for the best results is Teosyal.
No, none of the treatments completed by the Dermalogic Aesthetics medical professionals are permanent. Dermal filler treatments (depending on the product you choose) will last anywhere from 6-18 months.
Our faces change naturally over time so we believe re-visiting for additional treatment on a regular basis is the best way to keep loving your look as you continue to age
No. Your appearance will steadily go back to how it was before you underwent the treatment.
Replacing volume in your jaw area to reduce the effect of jowls is done using dermal filler which has instant results.