Dermaplaning is the deepest form of manual exfoliation that consists of using a scalpel to gently scrape off the top layer of dead skin, resulting in a brighter, smoother complexion. It is beneficial to get this prior to other facial treatments or products as it allows for greater penetration and it creates a flawless canvas for makeup application. Perfect for your next night out.
As we age, out cell turnover decreases and this affects our skin texture and tone, Dermaplaning gently buffs the top layer of dead skin cells away and helps to reveal a brighter and smoother complexion
Immediately after treatment, your skin will look wonderfully radiant with a more even skin tone. An extra benefit is that dermaplaning removes ’peach fuzz’, which is the clear/white soft, fine facial hair. Your skin will feel the smoothest it’s ever been!
WHAT SKIN CONDITIONS ARE TREATED
It is ideal for people with:
- Dead skin cells and impurities
- Unwanted / Vellus hair
The TREATMENT PROCESS
POST TREATMENTRead more
BOOK A COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATION
- Single Session
- Three Sessions (Pre-Paid)
- Six Sessions (Pre-Paid)
- £105 (£35/session)
- £180 (£30/session)
Our Dermaplaning treatment is available in Bristol and Cardiff.
Benefits of having this treatment with us:
- We are Fully Qualified medical practitioners. Therefore all practitioners undertaking treatments come from a medical background and have a university degree in pharmacy or medicine.
- Our team has years of experience in aesthetic treatments. We ensure all treatments are carried out to the highest standards, to achieve optimum results.
- We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
- We have very high patient satisfaction. Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas treated. We also have many that recommend friends and family to our clinics.
- We are committed to evidence-based practice and use premium products. We use FDA and CE approved products for the treatments.
- We are registered with Save Face. This government approved register is the highest level of recognition available for professionals working within aesthetic cosmetic medicine within the UK.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You’ll have the opportunity to ask your medical practitioner any questions as part of your consultation, but to start the ball rolling here are the answers to some that our patients most frequently asked questions.
No, there really aren’t any side effects and virtually no downtime. As the outer layer of skin is removed, it is essential to continue to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with UVA and UVB protection as the skin will be more sensitive to light.
Rarely, there may be some minor skin peeling or redness, particularly if it the skin quality is poor, if it is combined with other treatments or if procedures are performed too close together. Trauma can occur to the skin as the procedure is performed using a surgical scalpel blade. This is very rare, and it is essential to remain calm and still during treatment to minimise this potential complication.
For ladies who suffer with excessive hair growth, the hair will not regrow thicker or darker but may appear prickly or coarse when it regrows and ingrowing hairs may occur.
Ever notice how peach fuzz tends to stand out even more underneath foundation and face powders? Well, since dermaplaning removes all the little hairs on your face, your makeup will actually glide on super smoothly. However, we do not recommend applying a face full of makeup immediately after your dermaplaning treatment.
If you need to wear makeup, you can, but your skin barrier is more open and may become more irritated. Once your skin has had time to settle (about a day), proceed with all the foundation your heart desires.
Contrary to what you’ve been told, dermaplaning will not make your hair grow back thicker or darker. Once your hair begins to grow back, it might feel different because the hair was cut straight across, but it’s actually the same texture as it was before and it will grow at the same speed.
Since this is a deeply exfoliating treatment, we recommend waiting at least a month between appointments, if you have sensitive skin you can limit your treatments to 4 times a year.
After a dermaplaning session your skin will be especially susceptible to the sun, so we recommend you use gentle sunscreens of at least SPF 30.
Dermaplaning is a painless procedure and is often compared to the sensation of shaving your legs. In the right hands, it is an extremely safe procedure and only the dead skin cells and vellous hair is removed revealing healthy skin below.
No, there really aren’t any side effects and virtually no downtime. As the outer layer of skin is removed, it is essential to continue to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with UVA and UVB protection as the skin will be more sensitive to light. Your medical practitioner will apply appropriate products after the procedure and will be able to recommend a suitable product for your skin type.
Rarely, there may be some minor skin peeling or redness, particularly if it the skin quality is poor, if it is combined with other treatments or if procedures are performed too close together. Trauma can occur to the skin as the procedure is performed using a surgical scalpel blade. This is very rare and it is essential to remain calm and still during treatment to minimise this potential complication. For ladies who suffer with excessive hair growth, the hair will not regrow thicker or darker but may appear prickly or coarse when it regrows and ingrowing hairs may occur.
Following your dermaplaning treatment you may experience some redness on the treated areas accompanied by a warm glow. This will last for several hours but should have settled by the following morning.
- Make-up should not be applied for at least 4 hours after your treatment.
- DO NOT pick, peel, scrape, scratch or wax your skin.
- Avoid abrasive sponges for 1 week after treatment.
- Avoid other cosmetic procedures without the specific guidance of your practitioner.
- Wash with a very mild soap, rinse with warm water and remember to moisturise regularly following the treatment as you may experience some dryness for a few days.
- Avoid sun-exposure and use a broad spectrum (UVA and UVB) sun-cream of at least SPF30.
- Avoid the use of any creams that are in any way irritating.
- Remember – cleanse, moisturise & protect!