Static lines, as the name implies, are present all the time and are a result of loss of skin tone, gravity, heavier dehydrated skin, slippage of our natural facial fat pads and ageing. The first place that static lines tend to appear are from the nose to the corner of the mouth (nasolabial folds) and below the corners of the mouth (marionette lines), although in time, they can appear across the whole face.
Dynamic lines occur as a result of constant muscle action on the skin and most typically occur around the eyes (crow’s feet or periorbital rhytids), as frown lines between the eyebrows or as horizontal forehead lines.
As we get older, skin loses its elasticity and strength, leading to fine lines and wrinkles developing on the face. While natural, many people are interested in finding out how to treat wrinkles to reverse the signs of ageing and restore the skin to a more youthful look.
SYMPTOMS OF WRINKLES
Wrinkles are the distinguished fine lines, deep folds, and creases in the skin. Wrinkles become increasingly apparent in the epidermis as we age, worsening over time.There are number of factors which contribute towards the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. Some are within your control while others are not.
- Ageing: this is one of the major factors. As we get older, the skin losses its elasticity and become more fragile. The production of hyaluronic acid, collagen, elastin and natural oils decreases making wrinkles and crevices more prominent.
- Sun UV exposure: another major contributing factor is the UV radiations of sun which accelerates the natural ageing process. The UV radiations break down the connective tissues of skin which cause premature sagging and wrinkling of skin.
- Smoking: it can also play a role in accelerating the normal process of ageing.
- Hereditary factors: these also play a part in creation of wrinkles and lines.
- Excessive facial movements: formation of facial expressions like squinting, frowning or smiling can also lead to formation of fine lines and wrinkles. Every time we use a facial muscle, it makes a groove under the skin’s surface. With ageing the skin loses its elasticity to come back to its place making permanent grooves.
PREVENTION OF WRINKLES
Alongside treatments at Dermalogic Aesthetics, there are also other recommendations for you to try and prevent wrinkles.
- Always wear SPF
- Good skin care products, including Retinol
- Avoid sun beds
- Limit time in the sun
- Avoid smoking
- Eat a diet rich in antioxidants, minerals and vitamins.